cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Master Server Setup is giving error

data-backup
Level 4

Hi,

I'm attempting to setup BMR in my test environment.When i run the BMR Master Server Setup Wizard I keep getting error "setup failed,see the details above". The window doesnt have any details as to what the error is. I have restarted teh services and also rebooted the machine but no luck so far.

Please help.

Master: Netbackup version 7.5.0.6 on windows 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

data-backup
Level 4

Thanks for your response @SymTerry. The login account didnt have admin rights. I managed to get the setup installed with the administrator account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Spoke with my BMR SME. If your getting this error, then it possably was already set up. Check for bmrd service and see if it running. If it is then there is no reason to run again. The wizard just sets up the database for the first time. If you need to reset it, follow TECH87441.

data-backup
Level 4

Thanks for your response @SymTerry. The login account didnt have admin rights. I managed to get the setup installed with the administrator account.

tod_jackson
Level 3

Thank you for providing a recommendation for fixing this issue regarding BMR, I am new to the Symantec Netbackup environment and would like some assistance. There are a few clients (Windows 2008) that are failing with Status Code 1. Investigating the logs I had noticed that the BMR boot server is not configured. Talking with the lead engineer he had mention clicking the option within the policy to activate BMR. I did. I was looking around and notice that the BMR Boot Server and BMR Master Server services aren't running. I am guessing that these services are only active during the BMR running during the actual backup. I had looked and when researching all things about BMR there were no BMRDB.db, or BMRDB.log, BMR_DATA.Db or BMR_INDEX.db. I also did not locate the file "databases.conf within C:\Program Files\Veritas\Netbacup\DB\. Could the BMR Master Server configuration have not been completed correctly. Any information in this is greatly appreciated.

Tod Jackson