Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Restoration problem.

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear All

Today, I have successfuly create a BMR policy and all steps completed successfuly but when I installed my new Virtual Machine through this BMR policy

I am facing error:-

"Partioning Disk
The Restore has stopped due to the following error: Failed to verify backup -- rc(131)"

my Infrastructure is:

Windows server 2008 R2

Netbackup version 7.6.0.1

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Zuhaib Siddiqui

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you trying P2V conversion?

If not, have a look at this doc:

New features in NetBackup 7.6 Bare Metal Restore

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO88819 

and chapter 12 in  NetBackup Bare Metal Restore Administrator's Guide 

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Marianne

No, i am working with my lab environment where all servers are virtual.

I am using VMware workstation 10.

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Guys

Is it a normal behavior of BMR restore on "Formatting Drives" stage and it takes lot of time.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please share the steps you have followed - starting with 'Prepare to Restore' and tell us about the boot media you are using.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

There is a tech note out about that error message:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041765

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes - if you don't select quick format when doing a "prepare to restore".

BMR-quicckformat_1.jpg

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Marianne

Steps attached. Please check and guide.

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Nicolai

After your suggested post, I have checked Quick formatting and re-run setup but still BMR stuck in Partitioning Disk what should I do.

Please check Attachement.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@Zuhaib - none of us will be able to tell you where you're going wrong unless you give us in complete detail the process that you are following.  There are many many many pathways through BMR recovery and each is distinct - depending upon your starting position/condition and your desired recovery endpoint/configuration.

So, unless you tell us exactly all of the steps leading up to teh point where you get stuck... then we can't offer any specific advice - and so, we'll only be able to make a guess, or just give you some general advice.

So, at this point, all I can says is... is that BMR usually works 100% if you know what to do... but until you've done it a few times, the way it works is not "clear" unless you have reda the manuals in detail.  What I'm trying to say is... the documentation is good, and there are a great many examples on here.   My advice is to capture  your exact process, and document as you go, so that you end up with a repeatable process.  There's probably just one small thing you've missed or overlooked - and until that is "solved" then you're going to keep having problems.

So, tell us exactly what you are doing (in good detail) and we might be able to spot what it is that you are missing.

HTH.  :)