Olivier30
Level 4
Partner

Hi all

I have a master server with Netbackup 7.5.0.6 on Windows 2008 R2

My client is en SUSE 10 SP1 with Netbackup client 7.5.0.6

When i launch a full backup with BRM options activated, 2 jobs appear

First job is tfinished in state partial successfully

20/09/2013 11:40:14 - Error bpbrm(pid=3260) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed to import Config file. (1)  
20/09/2013 11:40:14 - Error bpbrm(pid=3260) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed sending the discovery. (1)   
20/09/2013 11:40:14 - Error bpbrm(pid=3260) BMRERR: Received BMR error: BMR information discovery failed. (1)   
20/09/2013 11:40:14 - Info bmrsavecfg(pid=0) done. status: 1: the requested operation was partially successful   

Second job is finished successfully

Any idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Olivier30
Level 4
Partner

Thank Mark, i update my SUSE

To follow

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do all other BMR jobs work OK?

Can the client resolve correctly the Master and your Solaris BMR Boot Server?

As it fails to gather the Config file have you checked all pre-requisites for the client - i have seen this on Linux when parted is not installed so maybe your client is missing something needed for BMR

Olivier30
Level 4
Partner

BMR Job with Windows VM are ok

Client resolve master and BMR Boot Server

Parted is setup

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

>> BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed sending the discovery. (1)

This indicates to me that client discovery itself is failed due to some reason before it sends to master server.

bmrsavecfg log would help here to know root cause of failure.

Thakns.

Mandar

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Has this client worked previosly? Can you see it in the BMR section of the admin console?

I have also noticed that SUSE 10 (all versions) is only supported on NetBackup from SP2 onwards accoring to the Software Compatibility List and only SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 x86-64 with a 64 bit O/S is supported as a BMR Client and must be SP2 to SP4

Olivier30
Level 4
Partner

Thank Mark, i update my SUSE

To follow

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok - usually we ask that the Solution is marked against the person that pointed you in the right direction so that people with a similar issue can see which advice led to the solution

Thanks