Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR linux Prepare to restore

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

[EDITED]

HI

I have problem with phase "Prepare for Restore", Netbackup warn me that "None of the interfaces of client myclient name are marked bootable", but it marked bootable in the configuration. I have tried to create new configuration, and switch off and switch on that parametr nothing help.

What i have:

1. Linux boot server Linux RHELAS 5.7

2. Linux client the same.

3. Master server windows 2008

On Boot server i have created srt and iso from that srt. On master server i see that srt.

After full backup of client with bmr switched in the policy, in section "Bare Metal Restore clients" have appeared my client, with "current" configuration. After choosing "Prepare for restore" i get message "None of the interfaces of client myclient name are marked bootable". There is no difference if BMR boot server switched on or off.

I am not going to use functionality of PXE boot, i want to use iso boot each  time. 

The same problem with AIX6.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I know that somebody will face with the same problem as i, and i want to explain what my problem was. It simple - NetBackup needs correct forward Forward-Revers dns records. When i have had corrected DNS, all begun to work, include AIX and Linux systems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I want to clarify about your post. * "2. Linux client the same." - does this mean you choose client same host with boot server? * Have you already created BMR boot media, and choose SRT of media boot when you do 'Prepare to Restore'? * Did you configured boot server on same subnet with this client?

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

2. No i mean that linux client has same version of Linux Linux RHELAS 5.7.

Yes a have created boot media and when i perform "prepare to restore" i get list of two srt, first is original name is "rhelas64", second was created when i choose "Create a new CD image based Shared Resource Tree." name is rhelas64iso.

When i choose rhelas64 i get message "SRT could not be shared by the boot server hosted it". When i choose rhelas64iso - i get error message no bootable interfaces. Boot Server is enabled nfs is accesable.

Yes boot server located in the same subnet as client.

-----------------------

Do i always need boot server enabled (it is enabled now)? I don’t want to use network boot, i going to restore my systems always with boot CD.

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I know that somebody will face with the same problem as i, and i want to explain what my problem was. It simple - NetBackup needs correct forward Forward-Revers dns records. When i have had corrected DNS, all begun to work, include AIX and Linux systems.