Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR restore has failed due to network configuration error

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

While I have tried to do BMR client restore with same similar hardware, It is giving error : The restore has stopped due to the following error : Unable to configure network and if click Ok and select setting TCP/IP parameter, it is in progress for long time without any update.

Any suggestion ?

180px_bmr-restore-error_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Either the SRT does not have the driver for the NIC or it is attempting to set something to 0 (look at the config and make sure default gateway was not blanked out as 0.0.0.0)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

1) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Master Server?

2) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Media Server?

3) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup BMR Master Server?

4) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup BMR Boot Server?

5) NBU version, and OS version, of BMR SRT?

6) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Client?

7) You say it is a 'similar' (and not 'disimilar') recovert - so is this BMR recovery a P2P or a V2V?

8a) Is every server/node/role/client in the same subnet?

8b) Or are multiple subnets involved?

8c) If multiple subnets are involved, then please also include IP of each server/role/node/client listed in questions 1) through 6) above - in the form of x.x.x.x/BITS, e.g. 10.0.1.99/24.

9) Please outline all of the steps you undertook leading up to the error.

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please refer the below details

1) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Master Server? - NBU 7.5.0.4, windows 2008 r2

2) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Media Server? - NBU 7.5.0.4, windows 2008 r2

3) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup BMR Master Server? - NBU 7.5.0.4, windows 2008 r2

4) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup BMR Boot Server? - NBU 7.5.0.4, windows 2008 r2

5) NBU version, and OS version, of BMR SRT? - NBU 7.5 windows 2008 r2

6) NBU version, and OS version, of NetBackup Client? - NBU 7.5 windows 2008 r2

7) You say it is a 'similar' (and not 'disimilar') recovert - so is this BMR recovery a P2P or a V2V? V2V

8a) Is every server/node/role/client in the same subnet? - yes

8b) Or are multiple subnets involved? NA

8c) If multiple subnets are involved, then please also include IP of each server/role/node/client listed in questions 1) through 6) above - in the form of x.x.x.x/BITS, e.g. 10.0.1.99/24.

9) Please outline all of the steps you undertook leading up to the error.

sdo

9) ?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

Iam doing BMR restore with same server hardware, so I have used same mac and ip address in BMR configuration.

From Master server : I have copied the client configuration to new_configuration and ran prepare to restore and seleted the srt and started the BMR restore.

From Client, I have booted the client with SRT CD, it has detected the mac address, I gave the same source server's  ip address and master server IP address and click contact master server.

Then it has shown the restore window - I have select the automated discover hardware and click OK, it was retrived the configuration and try to setting TCP/IP parameter and the gave this error :  failed to configure network .

sdo

Ok - can I ask why 'copy to new configration'?  Why not just use 'current'?  If nothing is being changed, have you tried using 'current'?  Are you testing, or is this a real production recovery?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have tried both current and new configuration, both are failing with same error, we are testing the restore for recovery drill.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Either the SRT does not have the driver for the NIC or it is attempting to set something to 0 (look at the config and make sure default gateway was not blanked out as 0.0.0.0)

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

BMR restore has completed successfully, previously it has failed, because gateway is 0.0.0.0., i have updated the gateway, then it got successful. thanks