Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR restore on Different H/W

RohitNayal
Level 5
Certified
Hi All ,

In my last BMR restore , restore completed successfully but when ever I am going to start the last step to reboot the server and completed the BMR restore after rebooting server its showing us blank screen and we are unable to boot the destination server .

Hence I am restoring the Physical Machine into a Virtual Machine , so it makes H/W of  source and destination different , is that having different H/W will cause that issue as I looked into the BMR Admin guide and unable to found any such notification by Symantec .

FYI ... In past I have done physical server restore on VM but never face such an issue .

Master Server / Boot Server : NBU 7.1.0.4 / Windows 2008 R2 

Media Server : NBU 7.1.0.4 / Windows 2008 R2

Regards ,

Rohit S Nayal 

4 REPLIES 4

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

What is NB version of your client system and NB version installed into BMR SRT? Please confirm client OS as well.

We have seen this issue in past and we had delivered engineering binary to fix the same.

I would recommend you to contact Symantec Support to report this issue and get a fix.

Thanks.

Mandar

RohitNayal
Level 5
Certified

NB Version of client .. 7.0.1 and SRT NB Version is 7.1.0.4

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

ok. i recommend u to contact symantec support on this issue as this would need engineering binary to fix.

thanks.

mandar

RohitNayal
Level 5
Certified

Finally after upgarding the client to 7.1.0.4 still I am facing the issue that after successful recovery server is showing us blank screen .  Case ID 04523667 is opened with Symantec .