Did you mean: 

BMR, successful But .......

Massawi77
Level 2

hi Guys ,

i need just to understand one poitn,

my master server is an Aix , running NBU7.5.0.6

Backup windows 2008R2 all drives successful ,

Active directory restored successfully and online...

i've selected restore system disks/volumes only .... but it restored all drives !!!!

Can somone please clarify that poitn for me ??

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

When you said "it restored all drives", I consider these as volumes/mount points e.g. c:, d:, e: etc and not hard drives.

If yes, do you have these volumes over the same hard-disk or over different hard-disks?

When selected system-only, BMR recovers whole disk/s (all volumes over them) where system-volume is spanned across.

For instance, if you have c: and d: over the same hard-disk, you will get system recovered with both c: and d: even though you have selected system-only.

If you want granular control then, you can copy BMR config, edit it using bmr admin mapping gui ie bmrconfig. And selected appropriate disk, volumes you want to recover. You can refer bmr admin guide on detail instructions about bmrconfig mapping gui.

Thanks.

Mandar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

When you said "it restored all drives", I consider these as volumes/mount points e.g. c:, d:, e: etc and not hard drives.

If yes, do you have these volumes over the same hard-disk or over different hard-disks?

When selected system-only, BMR recovers whole disk/s (all volumes over them) where system-volume is spanned across.

For instance, if you have c: and d: over the same hard-disk, you will get system recovered with both c: and d: even though you have selected system-only.

If you want granular control then, you can copy BMR config, edit it using bmr admin mapping gui ie bmrconfig. And selected appropriate disk, volumes you want to recover. You can refer bmr admin guide on detail instructions about bmrconfig mapping gui.

Thanks.

Mandar