cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPARCHIVE : the specified client does not exist in the specified policy error code 239

righthanded
Level 4

Good Day

Hi Everyone,

Anybody could help me resolve this issue? I already add/specify the client in the policy.

the command that i issued was:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bparchive -p <Policy> -s <archive_schedule> -L <progresslog> -S <masterserver> -t 0 -w  23:59:59 -f <arch path>

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is CLIENT_NAME in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf?

Does this name correspond with Client name in the policy that contains User Archive Schedule?

Can Master server resolve Client's IP address to hostname in policy?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

To userarchive you have to create a policy with schedule - user backup/user archive. If that is not set you won't be able to archive the client. Also make sure the you have the backup window set up correctly.

Marianne

What is CLIENT_NAME in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf?

Does this name correspond with Client name in the policy that contains User Archive Schedule?

Can Master server resolve Client's IP address to hostname in policy?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Is the client policy name and the client name the same -  Could be something like the fully qualified domain name ?

srv1.acme.com & srv1 is not the same name in Netbackup term.

I you need a really fast help post the output from the bparchive command (-L) and a screen shot from the activity monitor in a post.

Best Regards

Nicolai

Update: 2 answers while I was typing surprise

righthanded
Level 4

Thanks guys..i just change the client name from th bp.conf and it works for the command, except there is an error : none of the files in the file list exist. How should i put the file list path..for example my file list path is /tmp/test..it will appear /tmp/@ in the job details.

kindly assist!

Marianne

-f <arch path> seems to be incorrect usage.

Either -f <filename> where filename contains a list of files/folders that need to be archived, else without '-f' <arch_path> where arch_path is path to be archived.

C:\>bparchive -help
USAGE: bparchive [-p policy] [-s schedule] [-k "keyword phrase"]
           [-L progress_log [-en]] [-S master_server...]
           [-t policy_type] [-w [hh:mm:ss]]
           -f listfile | filenames

So, either
 bparchive [-p policy] [-s schedule] -f listfile  
or
bparchive [-p policy] [-s schedule] filenames

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

? /tmp/@

You may have a null byte at the lend of line - This look like “^@” in vi. bplist is known to terminate each line with a null byte.

http://www.mass.dk/netbackup/quick-hints/88-remove-null-byte-from-bplist-output.html

righthanded
Level 4

Nicolai , which line has the "^@" ? i just run a bparchive command and select the archive file path location /tmp/test. The result from the job details and progress log will appear /tmp/@.

BTW, I have tried to terminate the null byte using bplist, turn result 227, No entity was found. Should I run it from my media server?

Marianne

Do you need to archive  /tmp/test?

Or is this a text file containing list of files to be archived?

If text file, your command will be :
bparchive -f 
 /tmp/test

If path to be archived:
bparchive  /tmp/test

righthanded
Level 4

Thanks Marrianne! Its helpful!

righthanded
Level 4

Dear Marrianne,

Thanks for the knowledge you taught. I already test and the result was successfully completed.Ive made the path to be archived bparchive /tmp/test. My intention is to archive all files in the /tmp/test only, not together with the directory. What should i do? If I use bparchive -f command, should i put all the files in a text file in /tmp/test directory?

Im a nbu dummy..sorry for such silly question!smiley

Marianne

Try /tmp/test/*. 

This is how all of us learned - reading manuals plus 'trial and error'. 
Your approach is good - test with some dummy files in a temp folder. Only when results are what we expect do we apply in production.

If your query was answered, please select the post that has helped you most and Mark as Solution. 
This will then help other users with similar issues.

righthanded
Level 4

Thank you so much! It was really helpful.

You give me a fish the I can eat for today, You teach me to fish then I can eat for lifetime!

Marianne
Glad we could help! I love to see how new users become self-sufficient and over time start helping others.

righthanded
Level 4

This article solve two things :

1. How to use bparchive

2. resolve bp.conf

Thanks Guys!