Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS and the bpdbjobs command line application

Bill_Parnell
Level 3
Hi there,
Can anyone help me here?
I am running Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 MP2 and wish to get some meaningful information out of the bpdbjobs command without resorting to the -all_columns options.

I have read in the manual that I can specify which columns the command will display using the BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS parameter in thge bp.conf file.

My problme is that I run netbackup on a windows server 2003 box and therefore do not have a bp.conf file. Adding the relevant lines to the vm.conf file makes no difference either.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Bill.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6
DOCUMENTATION: How to customize the output of the bpdbjobs -report command with a Windows Master Server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stumpr2
Level 6
I don't think this can be done on windows. There may be some registry entries available. Try
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

at least that is where the entries are for
KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS
KEEP_JOBS_HOURSMessage was edited by:
Bob Stump

David_Kies
Level 4
Certified
One way around this is to install a SHELL capable command interface on your windows box. There is a ton of info in the bpdbjobs output, but to access certain columns only you need the ability to |cut, I do not know if there is an equivalent in Windows Sys32 command processing. We installed NtCracker, actually a carry over from 3.4 bpvault days, to give us the *nix SHELL power on our Win platform. If there is a Win equiv to | cut, I'd like to know

Stumpr2
Level 6
There is also a way around shells.
You could export the dat and use Excel....

Bill_Parnell
Level 3
I have tried using EXCEL however to get the data I require I have to use the -all_columns option, this produces the required data, however some if the diskstaging jobs give a list of the files they have staged as a comma seperated list, that list in a comma delimited file skews the columns to the extent that EXCEL cannot read in the output csv file properly. That is why I am looking to only display the columns that I wish to review.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Bill,
I emailed you some information on the output fields for bpdbjobs. Perhaps you could parse the fields that you want and put them into a spreadsheet. In the meantime you could use the "Activity Monitor" GUI to set up the output that you desire by using the columns and sort features of the GUI. Then you could export the window to a file on your desktop. You will find the export command in the drop down menu under "File". You could then import the data into a spreadsheet. At least until you can get bpdbjobs to work the way you need for it to work.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump

Stumpr2
Level 6
DOCUMENTATION: How to customize the output of the bpdbjobs -report command with a Windows Master Server.