cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPGETCONFIG

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

I am using bpgetconfig to get all of the attributes about a master server  (6.5.2)    However, the list of clients does not display all of them   There are many clients missing from the list.   I see these clients backing up in the activity monitor.   Is there a problem with bpgetconfig at this release level ? 

12 REPLIES 12

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

NBU 6.5.2 is old. Pls at least consider to upgrade to 6.5.6

You can get the client detailed with bpgetconfig from the master server by issuing a bpgetconfig per client. But I haven't seen a bpgetconfig command that will display all configured clients of a master server. For that you may want to use "bpplclients -allunique".

Do you mix up the server list in output from bpgetconfig with configured clients ??. This list is server that make up the backup enviroment and are not clients.

# bpgetconfig -M ural

SERVER = ural        
SERVER = appdkba1012
SERVER = appdkba954
SERVER = appnoc028
KNOWN_MASTER
MASTER_OF_MASTERS
USEMAIL
BPBACKUP_POLICY = any
BPBACKUP_SCHED = any
BPARCHIVE_POLICY = any
BPARCHIVE_SCHED = any

{shortned for clarification}

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

when you run bpgetconfig with no other parms, from the master server, there are client = lines in the output for each client.  

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I don't see a list of client when I run bpgetconfig with out any parameters. 

This behavior *MAY* have changed since 6.5.2

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

You can use 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpclient [-All] [-M master_server] [-L|-H]

go get client attributes that are stored on the master.

Perhaps you should use bpplclients to get the list of clients that are attributed to your backup policies.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What do you want to do with the output. Maybe there is a better command to archive what you wan't. But we need to more info to assist you.

Will_Restore
Level 6

with bpgetconfig in version 6.5.0 or 6.5.5 (do not have 6.5.2 available)

bpclient -All will provide

Client Name: client1

Client Name: client2

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

I am packaging this info up for the DR site.   This is a Windows environment (don't know if I eluded to that).   I am positive about the Clients = client_name  in the output

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I do not see this when running bpgetconfig without parameters on the master server.

However, if I run this on my PC I do see it - I can also tie it down with what it is referring to:

- it's the list of clients that are in your "Client List" within the Backup, Archive and Restore GUI, even down to the order in which they appear in said list.

Do you find above the list of "Clients =" entries a "Browser =" entry? That's the client that the BAR GUI will first open on (or last opened on, depending on how you look at it!)

I don't run restores directly from our master but do from my PC which is why there's the difference for us. So, if you indeed do use the BAR GUI for restores on your Master server, then that is what this list is, it's nothing "important" as you could always "rebuild" it anyway.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

are you by chance talking about the list of servers in the Client Attributes list of the master server properties?

Servers are added to that by hand.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Did you get the clarification you needed for these "Clients =" entries?

jcgaustin
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Is there a bpclient command to list only clients in an active policy?

Thanks

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients policy_name  |
     -allunique [-pt policy_type] [-L | -l | -U | -noheader]
     [-M master_server,...] [-v]