cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPIMMEDIA - BAD IMAGE HEADER - Error 229

SYMAJB
Level 5
Partner

When running a BPIMMEDIA command (NBU 7.0.1 - Windows) for all clients (NB Console or command line) the command stops with the following error:

File Read Error

When logging is enabled on the BPDBM I see the following error:

BAD IMAGE HEADER - EVENTS OUT OF SEQUENCE - IMAGE INCONSISTENCY (229)

Following former posts on this issue we can locate the entries in the image directory, delete them, and re-run the command.  This finds the next issue and so on - quite a laborious task.

Whilst doing this I noted that the images in error were in Jan 2010, so ran the report from Feb 1st 2010 to-date.  The report now ran clean.  So I re-ran from 1st Jan 2010 - and to my amazement it ran clean again.  It appears that when the report is run from the command line (with a specific server identified and a date range) it will work - even when this date range includes the dates reported as being in error previously.

Confusing.....  Can anyone throw any light on this ?

Also, any way of identifying ALL of the corrupt images (allowing me to delete them all) in one go as opposed to deleting them one at a time and re-running ?

Thanks,

AJ.

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

Are you using "bpdbm -consistency" check to locate the entries? This is more likely to identify images in question, one-time rather than going one by one.

I notice you said you deleted the affected entries - say if one image does not have the header file, you remove that, then you run the bpimmedia command, surely this time it won't complain about the "affected entries". Can you elaborate more on that?

SYMAJB
Level 5
Partner

Thanks for the pointer on the BPDBM -CONSISTENCY command - running that now (and noted the -MOVE option).

I am piping the output to a file for review (without the -MOVE), will this show a summary of the errors or simply list them throughout as it finds them ?

After this completes, and I review the output, I intend to run the command with the -MOVE option to move the corrupt entries to the DB/CORRUPT directory.

Regarding your question, when I delete the 'affected' entry, and re-run the BPIMMEDIA command, it stops on the next corrupt entry and I go again, and again, and again.......

Thanks,

AJ.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Double-check options used with bpimmedia. I have seen this error when using incorrect options.