cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up error

kakaluru
Level 4

Hi

My friday back is failed. I have run manual back up. I dont know after successful completion of 80% i am getting below error.

Error bpbrm(pid=4192) db_FLISTsend failed: disk is full (155)

Error bpsched(pid=2608) suspending further backup attempts for client 192.168.30.12, policy tuiodcfull, schedule Weeklyfulllfriday because it has exceeded the configured number of tries

Error bpsched(pid=2608) backup of client 192.168.30.12 exited with status 155 (disk is full)

I have free tapes in my pool.Kindly help me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Check the media server and ensure the drive where NetBackup is installed is not full.  I'm thinking you have logging enabled and turned up too high on your media server, and the backup job is failing because the media server has no space left to write the next log entry.

If the problem really is due to a shortage of space on the media server, check your logging settings in the NetBackup client and make sure they are set to their lowest setting, then delete the old log files in C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\*.

View solution in original post

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Status 155 means that the disk where NBU is installed on the master server is full.

Extract from Status Code Guide:

NetBackup status code: 155

Explanation: The write to the catalog file failed because the disk that contains
the catalog database is full.
Recommended Action: Free up space on the disks where NetBackup catalogs
reside and retry the operation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Check the media server and ensure the drive where NetBackup is installed is not full.  I'm thinking you have logging enabled and turned up too high on your media server, and the backup job is failing because the media server has no space left to write the next log entry.

If the problem really is due to a shortage of space on the media server, check your logging settings in the NetBackup client and make sure they are set to their lowest setting, then delete the old log files in C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\*.

Nate_D1
Level 6
This may be a basic question, but is the policy pointed at some sort of tape library for its storage unit? Is it possibly pointed at a disk, that is full?

Marianne
Level 6

Status 155 means that the disk where NBU is installed on the master server is full.

Extract from Status Code Guide:

NetBackup status code: 155

Explanation: The write to the catalog file failed because the disk that contains
the catalog database is full.
reside and retry the operation.

kakaluru
Level 4

Hi all

Thx for information.

Marianne
Level 6

Please clear the solution for your own post and mark another post that pointed you in the right direction as Solution.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just seen this :

Fair to say you can look at this and think, which disk is it talking about .. - its perhaps not totally clear.

You can tell from the error it is the master server that is the full disk.

Error bpbrm(pid=4192) db_FLISTsend failed: disk is full (155)

bpbrm sends the catalog info to the master, and runs the db_FLIST fuction to do this - hence you therefore know which disk it is ...

kakaluru
Level 4

Hi Marinanne,

Plz help to do below action.