cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing VM's using NBU with DataDomain

Carlos_V
Level 6

Hello,

Someones knows, or have experience backing up vm's with NBU using Data Domain and DD Boost.

Please share information about it.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

as far as storage/backup destination concern Vmware backups has no change when compre with normal backups..

you can simple point to data domin as destination for the VMware policy backups and start taking ..

the only think you need to consider is about the capacity, load and the media server that you are using..

and in Vmware policy .. the transport method and configurations..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

as far as storage/backup destination concern Vmware backups has no change when compre with normal backups..

you can simple point to data domin as destination for the VMware policy backups and start taking ..

the only think you need to consider is about the capacity, load and the media server that you are using..

and in Vmware policy .. the transport method and configurations..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can also read up in Hardware Compatibility list about all the features for VMware that are supported with DD. Such as Accelerator for VMware.

teiva-boy
Level 6

Not much to say other than it works.  What are you looking for specifically?

Carlos_V
Level 6

I need know about steps to configure, for example if I need to install any pluggin or driver on vCenter server.

Ther version of NBU is 7.6.0.2, on aix server.

Data Domain model is 4500, I review the HCL and it looks everythins is fine.

Thanks everyone.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Simply select DD STU in Policy. Or if you have DD as part of SLP, select the SLP in Attributes or in the Schedules. DD is backup destination like you used to have with tape. Just a selection in the Storage Unit field of the policy. Nothing more....