cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up linux folder using netbackup 7

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

I am installed netbackup 7. I have  installed the linux client, but I am unable to take backup of a folder from the linux system(CentOS).
What policy type I need to select and hpw to configure the selection of the folder.
I have used standered type  and used "/etc/conqed.conf" as selection but it is not taking backup.
or
raither I am not doing what need to be done, please advice.
Can any one help me in this.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 25 in Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server / NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278569.htm

- covers name resolution, processes running/listening etc etc & all the checks you can run.

Linux servers are a bug-bear of mine - each & every time I have a different issue - packages not installed, iptables, SLES conflicts etc etc.

I'll have a browse around the forum (& my desk) & see if I can come across anything else you can check.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Looking at the compatibility guide only 5.2/5.3 supported at 64-bit.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Use centOS version of 5.2
Thanks

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Linux, RedHat2.6 - again as per the CL?

Does the job actually start? Any errors?

Can you share the output of your policy? e.g. bppllist policy_name -U

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

The jobs start but after some time the job stops with the error "jobs waiting for retry".
I guess, we need to do some things in the linus system.
I am using the standerd policy type for linux simple file backup..... did I need to change that.........??

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Standard is correct.

"The jobs start but after some time the job stops" -  what is the Status code?

Please post information in Details tab, as well as policy output as per Andy's request.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6
I have checked the cennectivity and found that it is showing  can not connect.

Is there any issue I need to do in the Linux.. or on the Netbackup Server .
I have added the IP address and the name in the host file on both the side(windows nad Linux system) of the "host " file.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 25 in Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server / NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278569.htm

- covers name resolution, processes running/listening etc etc & all the checks you can run.

Linux servers are a bug-bear of mine - each & every time I have a different issue - packages not installed, iptables, SLES conflicts etc etc.

I'll have a browse around the forum (& my desk) & see if I can come across anything else you can check.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

This is the error at the activity panel when I am strating the job manually.

As u can see ..this is the error I am getting when I am executing the policy.
An alo I have already told that there is a connection error.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"...
Error Code 213
The NetBackup resource broker (nbrb) did not find any storage units available for use. Either all storage units are unavailable or all storage units are configured for On demand only. In addition, the policy and schedule does not require a specific storage unit....
"

Will_Restore
Level 6

Explanation: A process that timed out while it connects to another process for a

particular operation. This problem can occur in the following situation: when a

process tries to connect to the NetBackup request daemon (bprd) or database

manager daemon (bpdbm) and the daemon is not running. (On Windows, these

daemons are the NetBackup Request Manager and NetBackup database manager

services.)

It can also occur in the following situations: the network or server is heavily loaded

and has slow response time or an evaluation license key for NetBackup expired.

However, the most common cause of this error is a host name resolution problem.