cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Did Not Start on Time

SBMTMiller
Level 4

We had a drive fail on our appliance and was replaced this week so I am watching backups to make sure they start. The first to kick off is the catalog backup to tape which runs everyday. This morning, (THU) I noticed that the scheduled job just didn't start. The WED job started / completed on time. Under activity monitor, I verifed the catalog backed up WED and indeed there is no job for today. This has me a bit nervous that our jobs will not run over the weekend. Any ideas?     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

by seeing your screenshot , we understand that its a Frequency based schedule..

so what is is the frequency you set..

does it once in a day...?

if yes... based on the backup window you miss the backup on every THU.

this is becasue of the defined process of the fequency scheudle..

in detail

on Wed your backup triggers at 6 PM... as per the frequency 1 day...the next job needs to trigger on TUE 6 PM since  TUE 6 PM does not have the open window it will wait for next immediate open window which is FRI 8 AM, and triggers the job.

so you need to open the backup window longer to met this requirement or keep the same start time for all the days..

any specific reason why you are starting the WED job on different time

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

by seeing your screenshot , we understand that its a Frequency based schedule..

so what is is the frequency you set..

does it once in a day...?

if yes... based on the backup window you miss the backup on every THU.

this is becasue of the defined process of the fequency scheudle..

in detail

on Wed your backup triggers at 6 PM... as per the frequency 1 day...the next job needs to trigger on TUE 6 PM since  TUE 6 PM does not have the open window it will wait for next immediate open window which is FRI 8 AM, and triggers the job.

so you need to open the backup window longer to met this requirement or keep the same start time for all the days..

any specific reason why you are starting the WED job on different time

SBMTMiller
Level 4

Yes you are correct! Frequency based schedule, every 1 day. I understand, I had the mind set that the day was starting over at 12am. I changed the Schedule Type over to Calendar and set every day. 

The time is set differently on WED because we do rotations on Wed.