I have read thread https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/vmware-backups-are-failing-error-73-and-13 and verified with the backup error in my enivornment. I have some questions to further diagnose this error and hopefully attain an answer to resolve this problem.
Four daily scheduled backup jobs cloning four different unix systems keep failuring on Sun. The daily backup jobs work from Mon to Sat and only fail on Sun.
This problem happens since day one the backup solution was implemented.
- 1 AIX Master with multiple AIX and Windows clients (only four AIX clients doing full cloning encounter the error)
- Four failed jobs are scheduled two hours apart
- bpstart_notify scripts are in Master and there is one "bpstart_notify.oracle_bli.sh" under "/usr/openenv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples" directory in all four clients.
- Low user and system activities on Sun
1. Could bpstart_notify.* script under samples directory affect it?
2. Would rename the Policies help?
3. What else would you suggest could be the cause or something I could check?
You are getting confused with the script names and locations.
You need to read the documentation before attempting to debug what is wrong.
See the Admin Guide re use of bpstart_notify scripts.
Documentation is here:
After you have read the relevant sections, and understood them, and then checked your scripts, and understood their naming and locations and have checked the output/logging of the script, then come back with the detail re what is failing.