cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Images getting expired Prematurely

SJainoje
Level 2

I am facing a very strange problem .Just to give you some background My Netbackup Master Server (cum Media Server) is at 7.1.0.1 Version and runs on Red Hat Linux . We use Storage Life Cycle policies. Intially the Backup Images are written onto the Disk which are duplicated to the Tape Media. I export the FULL Media every alternate day.. No Vault is being used.. Doing it Manually . Images on the Media are kept at 1 Month Retention

Now coming to the Issue, there are some Media whose Retention Period which shows up as 1 Month(as it should be .. Lets say the Last Written Date on the Tape was August 15th.. the Expiration is set to 1 Month after that. Sept 14th.. However a few media show up as Scratch the very next. As per the common understanding in NBU.. even if there is a single Image which has not crossed the Expiry date will not move into Scratch unless and until it gets expired. Again this is not happening with all the Media but only a couple of them and am at loss to understand because just within one day the  tapes are showing up under Scratch. Also I myself take care of this Environment and nobody else can manually expire the images .

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If this is 100% correct -

"nobody else can manually expire the images ."

And the retention of these images really was one month ...

(What I mean, is please x2 check these details .... )

Then log a call very quickly, data loss is serious.

Martin

SJainoje
Level 2

Yes i have already raised a case with Support.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Excellent, please keep the post updated, so we can see the progress.

Martin