cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Images showing Alpha Numeric Names instead of actual file names

toshb
Level 3

Hello,

I'm having issues with the backup images. When trying to restore any files or folders, some of them are showing as Alphanumeric numbers and some are being displayed correctly.

The backup images are of a Netapp filer.

The details are as follows

NBU version - 7.1.0.3

Master Server OS - Win 2003 R2

Filer - Netapp

Ontap Version - 8.1.1 7 mode

Restore Image in BAR Gui.png

Although when i browse physically to the location I can see the files and folders with the actual names.

The server is based out of Czech Republic, Not sure if the language difference might be causing this issue. 

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with getting this resolved as we are facing issues with the restore.

Thanks

Tosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I could not remind the detail, but NetApp sometimes expose such file name in language-mismatch environment. 

Please consider to try the actions below.

* Capture packets between filer and media server, and check if filer throw such strange name. If filer sends in such form, this is caused by filer.

* Set identical volume language between root vole and suffered volumes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Recently I have gone through similar kind of issue..

seems weird n serious bug :(

Please go through this below links it may help u

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-ndmp-strange-issue-and-its-troubleshooting

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ndmp-failure-99

All the best!

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I could not remind the detail, but NetApp sometimes expose such file name in language-mismatch environment. 

Please consider to try the actions below.

* Capture packets between filer and media server, and check if filer throw such strange name. If filer sends in such form, this is caused by filer.

* Set identical volume language between root vole and suffered volumes.

toshb
Level 3

Hello Sri Vani,

Many Thanks for the suggestion, Since the users are creating complicated folders using their local lanuguage nothing as such can be done. Will anyhow let the users know about it.

As for upgrading the backup application, I'll be performing the same in a couple of weeks.

Hello Yasuhisa.

As suggested, I have informed the Storage team to verify the data packet transfer as well as to check the volume languauge and let me know, Still awaiting for their feed back.

I'll update the post, Once i have received the info from the storage team regarding the queries raised.

Many Thanks

Tosh 

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Tosh,

also please verify this

https://communities.netapp.com/thread/31490

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Perhaps try setting the locale on the volume of the filer to <language>-UTF-8