cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Policy Schedule

Switcho
Level 4

Hey all,

How can i copy a policy schedule to another policy?

below policy has many exceptions and single day schedules and i want to copy it to another 30 policies:

thanks all,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There is a soluiton available for same discussion here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-copy-schedule-one-policy-another

Hope this helps......

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you view the policy summary page (click on the policy name ONCE) and then on the right hand side right click the schedule...is there the option to copy? Then target the next policy and paste?

I know you can do this with clients.

BTW this is using the Windows Admin Console.

(Im suggesting this while away from my Admin Console PC however.)

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There is a soluiton available for same discussion here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-copy-schedule-one-policy-another

Hope this helps......

Switcho
Level 4

if this work then it will be really helpful.

i tried that but the copy option is disabled, i wonder why?!

Switcho
Level 4

I'm running NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.5 on Windows server 2003, do you know a command that work with windows?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Policies are collections of folders and files under the class directory on Windows and Unix masters.

So, if it works on Unix it should also work on Windows.

I recommend that you close all GUI's while copying these folders.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Only change will be the path. With Windows it will be <installation Directory>\NetBackup\db\class. 

Regards...

Switcho
Level 4

thanks Marianne,

can you please explain the folders directory under windows, and the command that is used to copy them if any.

Marianne
Level 6

Use Windows Explorer to copy the folders.

Navigate in Explorer to <install-path>\veritas\netbackup\db\class\<policy-name>

**** EDIT ****

The schedules are actually file names under <install-path>\veritas\netbackup\db\class\<policy-name>\schedule\

Switcho
Level 4

brilliant, that was really brilliant.. thanks Marianne for saving me the time to copy each schedule :)

Marianne
Level 6

Thanks a lot, but I was merely expanding on Kiran's suggestion to copy the actual schedules at file level.

I will move the Solution to Kiran's post.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much Marianne... smileysmiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right-click copy of the schedule does NOT work in the Summary of all Policies view of the Admin Console GUI (Windows)

Click the individual policy and the ability to right-click copy the schedule is now available.

Once copied just go into each other policy and Paste.

All done in the GUI.