cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Questions

Justin_England
Level 3
How can I determine, the append/overwrite period?

What report do I need to run to determine if last nights backup ran OK?

How can I prove that the backup is multiplexing?

If I have 1 folder to backup, and the folder is 1tb can I multiplex that backup
6 REPLIES 6

Justin_England
Level 3
Let me rephrase that last question.
If I have 1 folder to backup, and the folder is 1tb, can I backup that 1 folder useing 3 drives at the same time.

Vincent_Mase
Level 3
Yes. Its explained in this TID
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267291

Justin_England
Level 3
thanks for the info, it was really helpful. But I still have some questions that need answered.
Thanks again

Justin_England
Level 3
Ok answers to my questons:
The report to I can figure out althought the report function does take a bit of getting used to.

The overwrite append period, that is retension. It is differant terminolgy in BackupExec.

It would be nice if you guys could use the same terminolgy for both systems, anyway that is another story.

Also some useful documentation, all of your documentation is a 500 page manual. Not really the best method for teaching people who are new the software. Anyway...

Jeffrey_Redingt
Level 5
Actually all of the documentation is in about 10 manuals including a System Admin Guide in 2 volumes, a Media Manager Guide, etc. It isn't necessarily the best way to teach someone new to the software but short of sending someone out, it is about the only way. By the way, I don't speak for Veritas.

Vincent_Mase
Level 3
here is link to a perl script that provides a nice report based on bperror, it actualy does not mail itself to you, but it can be easily modifed to do so, and you will need to install BLAT

http://www.backupscripts.com/modules/Members_Upload/uploads/scripts/chapa/contrib/backupstatus

I think you have confused multiplexing w/multistreaming.
Multiplex mutiple images on one tape
multistream 1 backup split up over multiple tapes.

I don't speak for Veritas either