Level 4

Bonjour,

j'ai préparer une policies pour la sauvegarde l'état de system  avec BMR,

dans le BMR je trouve pas la sauvegarde pour que je puise restaurer

comment je présede??? 

8 REPLIES 8

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello,  I prepare policies for saving the system state with BMR.  In the BMR I find no backup for that I draw restore.  How I présede ?

sdo

The BMR stage of the original backup job needs to be successful before you can do anything else.  So, was the BMR stage of the original backup actually successful?  You can confirm this by looking in the activity monitor text for the original backup job.

fouzia
Level 4

bonjour,

je veux rediriger la restauration system vers un autre serveur

Salutations

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Google Translate:

Hello,
I want to redirect the system restore to another server
Greetings 

BMR is not meant for alternate client restore.

It is Bare Metal Restore for the client that you backed up.

You can restore Windows host to alternate hardware - not alternate hostname.

Have you followed steps in BMR Admin Guide ? (not sure if the manuals are available in French...) 

fouzia
Level 4

I have the backup of an  server X, and I have another server Y (same OS, different name)
I want to restore the system state of the server X to server Y

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is not what BMR is meant for.

You can try a normal MS-Windows restore -  select server X as Source Client and Server Y as destination, but this may leave server Y unusable if you only restore System State.

There is a TN on restoring System State to different location, but Veritas web site is currently down for maintenance.

Type this in Google:

site:veritas.com netbackup How To Restore a Windows System State to alternate location

sdo

sdo

@Fouzia - are you trying to create a new physical server, or a new VM server?

I have successfully re-created (i.e. cloned) Windows 2012 R2 servers that are Hyper-V VMs, by using plain client backups (from inside the guest VM) and then BMR restoring to an alternate VM/client name.  The process is fairly complex.  However, this should also be possible for physical servers, but will be even more complex.  I have also tested this using Windows 2012 R2 clients to recover/re-create/clone VMs in VMware Fusion on Mac OSX.

Fouzia - the problem with your request is 1) you never seem to give much background detail... and 2) what you are asking for cannot be answered simply.

The solution to your question is utterly dependent upon your versions, topology, OS, configuration, DNS, networking etc...  All I can say is that I was able to piece it together from the manual and tech notes and forum posts.  You should be able to do what you want.

I could show you my process for cloning a Hyper-V VM using BMR - but much of the process might not make much sense in your environment, and so it might just confuse the situation.

Are you able to show us your complete documented procedure that you have created so far?   Because then we might be able to help steer you in the right direction.