cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Selections in Netbackup API

ef_akyazan
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I want to take backup selections of a server via netbackup api. Anyone know how I can do it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ef_akyazan I dont think there is a separate API just to fetch the backup selections. You can still do GET method to display a policy and filter the backup selection

you can use GET /config/policies/{policyName} API 

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @ef_akyazan 

I don't mean to be rude - but have you looked at the API documentation (available on the master https://<master>/api-docs)?

The API call would be /config/policies/{policy name}/backupselections. You need to assemble the data payload for what you want to back up. If there is a selection you don't require (such as NAS, or cloudObjects) simply remove the section or leave it blank. 

Cheers
David

Hello @davidmoline ,

I have already reviewed the api document you mentioned.

The put method is used in /config/policies/{policy name}/backupselections and it is used to change a policy ("Replaces the existing backup selections with the specified list of backup selections."). I just want to display with get method.

Thanks.

@ef_akyazan I dont think there is a separate API just to fetch the backup selections. You can still do GET method to display a policy and filter the backup selection

you can use GET /config/policies/{policyName} API 

Hope it helps.

Hello @sanket_pathak1 ,

As you said, I found what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot.