cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Sizes Using Media server

anasser
Level 4
Hello All,

I know how to calculate the size for all the clients, but I am not sure How can I calculate using Media server,

For example: I am having 40 Policies In each media Server, I want to see the Backup Sizes that we are backing up Using Particular Media server. Is thr any way to do that, please let me know

Thanks,
Ahmed
6 REPLIES 6

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
1. If you haven't got NetBackup Operations Manager or OpsCenter you can simply modify layout of your activity monitor.. change state of "Kilobytes" and "Media Server" to Show, then you can create filter for "Media Server" Field.. Copy rows to file, import in Excel and thats all.

2. You can parse output from bpdbjobs command in a script.
3. Go to Reports section, Tape Written and search for tapes written by Media Server. There is Kilobytes field.

anasser
Level 4
Hello Marek,

Thanks for the quick responce, I will do this tonight and let you know, Actually I was thinking if there could be an Option with Bpimagelist.

Thanks,
Ahmed

anasser
Level 4
Hi marek,

As you told from activity monitor I can do it for few days but how do I need to see for a Month.?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It's no. 3 from Marek's list:
3. Go to Reports section, Tape Written and search for tapes written by Media Server. There is Kilobytes field.

Tape written report uses bpimagelist.
Try:   bpimagelist -l -media -d <start-date> -e <end-date>
Field 5 is the kilobytes written.

Obviously only valid images will be reported on. If daily backups has a 2-week retention period, running the report for the last month will not contain info for the dailies that had already expired.

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

Please use /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -server media_server_name -hoursago x -U to list the backups which are backed up by the media server and you can use awk to find the kilobyte field to calculate the size.

anasser
Level 4
Hi Yogesh,

As of I remember specifying Server option does not work with this, Please make sure once

Thanks,
Ahmed