Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and Recovery of NBU

nbuengr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi!

Is there any documentation on where I can find information regarding backup and restoration on NBU? I would like to know if restoration is dependent on last full backup and last incremetal backup.

This is for NBU 7.7 running on linux 6.5 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It all depends on the type of incremental backup. Cumulative will only need last full and last Incr. Differential will need last full and all Incr since last full. This information should be in NBU Admin Guide I.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
You can choose any valid, unexpired backup to restore from. In BAR GUI you are presented with a range of dates. With bprestore you can specify a date (start and/or end dates). Not sure why you need documentation to confirm? Are you experiencing a problem?

nbuengr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Customer wants to have monthly full backup, daily incremental and not have a weekly full.

Let's say I backup at the end of the month (full backup) and have daily incremental for 6 days. Accidentally, for whatever reason backups for day 3 and 4 was destroyed or expired, can I restore any file from that day given that I have my monhtly full and daily incrementals for day 5 and 6? 

Customer says that with oracle backup, they only need the monthly full and preceding incremental backup for any restoration.

Thanks for replying!

Marianne
Level 6
It all depends on the type of incremental backup. Cumulative will only need last full and last Incr. Differential will need last full and all Incr since last full. This information should be in NBU Admin Guide I.