cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and delete folders/files using NBU 7.5.0.5

Mux
Level 4

In Backup exec, there is an option were we can backup a folder and after the backup is completed, the content of that folder will be automatically deleted.

Do we have anything like that in NBU?

One of our client has migrated from Backup exec to NBU and previously they were using this feature which they want to be implemented in NBU.

Is there any way of doing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In NetBackup it is called User Archive.

It cannot be scheduled and can only be started from the client.

On the master, you need to have a policy for the client with a schedule of User Archive type with an open window during which this action will be allowed.
If there is a file list in Backup Selection, it will have no effect on the archive.

On the client, a local admin can open BAR window, select folders/files, and start the archive.
The user can also run bparchive from cmd. (See Commands manual for usage).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6

In NetBackup it is called User Archive.

It cannot be scheduled and can only be started from the client.

On the master, you need to have a policy for the client with a schedule of User Archive type with an open window during which this action will be allowed.
If there is a file list in Backup Selection, it will have no effect on the archive.

On the client, a local admin can open BAR window, select folders/files, and start the archive.
The user can also run bparchive from cmd. (See Commands manual for usage).

Mux
Level 4

Thanks Marianne...

It is really disappointing that it cannot be scheduled. Even though we have a work around by scriping/windows schedulers, I think there should be a way to schedule this type of backup....

Marianne
Level 6

I have been working with NBU for 14 years now. Trust me - there is no way to schedule User Archive from within NBU.

You can read up about User Archive in NBU Admin Guide I.
Links to all NBU manuals in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

Will_Restore
Level 6

I schedule them by setting calendar reminder to tell me every month to run manual archive. ;)

Mux
Level 4

I meant symantec should include a way to schedule it in NBU..

Anyways , i think i will go with windows schedulers...

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6

Trust me - there has never been a way to automate this with NBU scheduler.

You may want to submit this as an Idea: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Mux
Level 4

Done...Hopefully it will get enough votes....:-D

Anyways...thanks...