Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup as a Service

mnakhan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

can i use netbackup software Backup as a service if yes. How?

pl. share any white paper/case study how netbackup is working BaaS.

awaiting your kind reply.

regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Using Netbackup as BaaS is no different than running a "normal" Netbackup installation. The difference is service deliverable, term and conditions and requirements you put on top of it.

Sure you need to think big when using NBU as BaaS. But first you need to figure out cost and market focous and then a very well defined contract terms ensuring you form twisting Netbackup installation upside down to satisfy customers.

From my point of view Netbackup is good for housed infrastructure backup. Do not try to offer remote backup over the internet. That will not  work at all.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Tell us what you are trying to achieve. NetBackup does run as a service under windows. go and check the services and you will see multiple NetBackup services running.

What is BaaS?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Backup as a Service

http://www.symantec.com/en/uk/products-solutions/industries/solution.jsp?ind=communications&sind=comm_cloud&solid=in_sol_backup_as_a_svc

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Thanks Andy - never come across that terminology before.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I had to think on it .... sure we had a similar query a week or so ago.

Mux
Level 4

Netbackup works perfectly fine as a BaaS.

In my previous company NBU was implemented as a BaaS and it works perfectly fine.

mnakhan
Level 5

Hi Mux,

kindly share the detail how it work or any supporting doc that help me to understand its architecture. 

mnakhan
Level 5

Hi Andy,

yes i read this but the information is not sufficient. actually my concern is how it is implemented, how its architecture work, what are its pre-requisite, its functionality , how i present this feature to my customer if he say tell me how it works, etc.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Using Netbackup as BaaS is no different than running a "normal" Netbackup installation. The difference is service deliverable, term and conditions and requirements you put on top of it.

Sure you need to think big when using NBU as BaaS. But first you need to figure out cost and market focous and then a very well defined contract terms ensuring you form twisting Netbackup installation upside down to satisfy customers.

From my point of view Netbackup is good for housed infrastructure backup. Do not try to offer remote backup over the internet. That will not  work at all.