Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup copies

venu_netbackup0
Level 4

Hi,

I am the beginner to this....

My question is ...how many backup copies can be maintained in netbackup...

as it is process of duplication ..and is specified by using the slp...

so many backup copies can we maintain.....please anyone explain me regardin g this plzz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee
You can change the maximum backup copies under settings in Host Properties > Master Server > Global settings Maximum is 10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee
You can change the maximum backup copies under settings in Host Properties > Master Server > Global settings Maximum is 10

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Since you're new I'll add the following to what Revarooo provided.

A backup copy in NetBackup refers to making a copy of a single back you took so that you have that specific backup available in multiple locations i.e. two tape media, two disk devices, one tape media and one disk device.

It does not refer to the amount of backups you can perform. If you perform a backup you create a backup image (not a copy), if you run a duplication job for that image, you create a copy. You can do this up to 10 times. If tomorrow you run another backup you're creating another image, for which you can also make up to 10 copies.

HTH

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I see you have also asked a similar question in reply to this blog: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/how-copy-backup-images-one-media-different My questions to you: Are you actually using NetBackup where you work? You have been saying for months in your posts "I am the beginner" / "I am new to this". Have you tried to download NBU manuals? (NBU Admin Guide I is a good reference where you can read up on basic concepts and tasks.) Or have you tried to access the online, free training?