cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failed with status code 6

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi all,

I have a linux master server with netbackup 7.5. backup from one client failed with status 6. (policy type: Oracle - Client OS: Win2008 and Rman script) I share one onf the detailed status of one channel. please let me if you need other log file or information to help me. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have another look at your post above: "expecting response from server "master server" ussd2 ussd2 "ussd IP address" 43281 " Does this mean that the output is giving IP address of client 'ussd' instead of 'ussd2'? Is this a node in a cluster or standalone client? Do you have any Server or Client variables in the rman script? (e.g. NB_ORA_CLIENT and/or NB_ORA_SERVER ) Please check output of all the following : On client: bpclntcmd -self bpclntcmd -hn (master-hostname) bpclntcmd -ip (master-ip) On master: bpclntcmd -hn (client-hostname) bpclntcmd -ip (client-ip) bptestbpcd -client (client-hostname) -debug -verbose For further troubleshooting, please ensure that all of the following log folders exist: On master : bprd ( restart NBU after creating the folder ) On client : bpcd and dbclient

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
You need to start with the rman output file to see why the rman script is failing.

Will_Restore
Level 6

See General database backup error troubleshooting in Featured Discussions

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Thanks Marianne.

This is rman log from first error:

Marianne
Did you see this? "Server Status: Communication with the server has not been initiated or the server status has not been retrieved from the server" Please test forward and reverse name lookup between master server and client. If master is not on DNS, add hosts entries on master and client for one another. Confirm port connectivity in both directions between master and client on 1556. If Windows firewall is running on client, please disable it. If iptables is running on the master, stop and disable it.

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi Marinne, Yes but I focused on this error "failed to create sequential file" because Standard backup from this client was successful! 

Thanks

Marianne
File system backup is different to Db backup. For File system backup, the connection is initiated from the media server. For Db backup, the client initiates communication directly to the master server. To test comms initiated on the client, run this command from cmd on the client : bpclntcmd -pn (in ...netbackup\bin ) If you get an error or the command seems to hang and returns nothing eventually, you need to check all comms as per my previous post. Forward and reverse name lookup as well as port connectivity in both directions.

Marianne

I see that you marked Solution and then cleared it again.

Please tell us what you have tried and what has not worked for you?

shahriar_sadm
Level 6
Hi Marianne Sorry, mark as solution was my mistake. Issue have'nt been solved yet, below is bpclntcmd -pn result, expecting response from server "master server" ussd2 ussd2 "ussd IP address" 43281 Thanks

Marianne
Have another look at your post above: "expecting response from server "master server" ussd2 ussd2 "ussd IP address" 43281 " Does this mean that the output is giving IP address of client 'ussd' instead of 'ussd2'? Is this a node in a cluster or standalone client? Do you have any Server or Client variables in the rman script? (e.g. NB_ORA_CLIENT and/or NB_ORA_SERVER ) Please check output of all the following : On client: bpclntcmd -self bpclntcmd -hn (master-hostname) bpclntcmd -ip (master-ip) On master: bpclntcmd -hn (client-hostname) bpclntcmd -ip (client-ip) bptestbpcd -client (client-hostname) -debug -verbose For further troubleshooting, please ensure that all of the following log folders exist: On master : bprd ( restart NBU after creating the folder ) On client : bpcd and dbclient