Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failure with error 2074/2106

rVikas
Level 5
Partner

Hello All,

Have anyone faced backup failure with code (2106) Disk storage server is down ) /1: (2074) Disk volume is down where Destination target DataDomain

Our DD model is : DD670

DD Os is  - 5.4.2.1-423209

NBU version is :7.6.0.1 / Solaris 10

Frequently we get job failure with code 2074/2106, i check Diskpool and they shows UP

Error we see in DataDomain is :

: WARNING: MSG-RPC-00001: Rejected 35 connection attempts to port 2052 in the last 10767 minutes.

: WARNING: MSG-RPC-00001: Rejected 9 connection attempts to port 2052 in the last 930 minutes.

: WARNING: MSG-RPC-00001: Rejected 46 connection attempts to port 2052 in the last 527 minutes.

If anyone faced such issues and resolved , pleae share the resolution steps.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you need to check with DD support why its rejecting the connection attempts.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Port 2052 is NFS Mountd / OST / Optimized Duplication. Netbackup to Data Domain is port 2049. 

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-33258

Are you trying to perfrom optimized replication from one data domain to another ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you need to check with DD support why its rejecting the connection attempts.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Port 2052 is NFS Mountd / OST / Optimized Duplication. Netbackup to Data Domain is port 2049. 

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-33258

Are you trying to perfrom optimized replication from one data domain to another ?

areznik
Level 5

Check in bperror if something is downing this disk pool. ie. 

bperror -disk -problems -hoursago 24 | grep -i down

What I've seen happen before is that if one server that is credentialed to the datadomain cannot reach it for some reason, it will go ahead and down it. Then another server comes along that can reach it and it will up it and so on.