cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failure with error code 40

somesh_p
Level 4

I am getting error message during backup network connection broken(40). client server communication is fine. can some one advise how to fix it? netbackup is running on 7.0.0.1 on both server and client

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Below is the notes generally I follow for basic troubleshooting of n/w issues

1)What are the Netbackup versions for Master,Media and client and its OS verify the compatability -HCL(generally for first time configurations)?

2)What kind of backup is it?

3)what are the read connecnect and read time out values are set to?

4)how many client backups are impacted with network issues...if many Media server issues wld be one of the reason..

5)If only one client gt impacted it wld be client Network issues(might be a nic issue) some times reboot may help us  fixing the issue.

6)verrify  bpclntcmd and master and media server host properties

7)verify bpcd and bpbkar logs-----client

Provide us bpcd,bpbkar and detailed status details along with the type of backup and its OS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Below is the notes generally I follow for basic troubleshooting of n/w issues

1)What are the Netbackup versions for Master,Media and client and its OS verify the compatability -HCL(generally for first time configurations)?

2)What kind of backup is it?

3)what are the read connecnect and read time out values are set to?

4)how many client backups are impacted with network issues...if many Media server issues wld be one of the reason..

5)If only one client gt impacted it wld be client Network issues(might be a nic issue) some times reboot may help us  fixing the issue.

6)verrify  bpclntcmd and master and media server host properties

7)verify bpcd and bpbkar logs-----client

Provide us bpcd,bpbkar and detailed status details along with the type of backup and its OS

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

HOWTO90469 has some steps as well, like sri vani's, that could help you troubleshoot this error. More information will need to be collected.

R_Prasad
Level 2

Hello Srivani,

Please share how to configure puredisk in NBU ..