cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job status - Incomplete

DPeaco
   VIP   

Greetings,

I have searched high and low to find specific details on what NetBackup does to catagorize a backup as being "Incomplete" and what it does internally to decide if it's going to retry on its own or not.

Do any of you have this info available? In an easy to understand way? I'm trying to write an auto-ticketing script that triggers off NetBackup when it decides a backup job has failed, but I need to also do things when a backup status is "incomplete". I just need to understand what is done and why so I can finish up my script.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Dennis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Incompleate status occurs if the job encounter an error and the associated policy has checkpoints enabled( you can find this in policy attributes). this is to retry the job based on job retry settings avaliable in master server host properites--> Global attributes.

for ticketing scripts, look for the job status as "Done" with status code more than 1 (0 if you consider partial succesfull job as failure)

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Incompleate status occurs if the job encounter an error and the associated policy has checkpoints enabled( you can find this in policy attributes). this is to retry the job based on job retry settings avaliable in master server host properites--> Global attributes.

for ticketing scripts, look for the job status as "Done" with status code more than 1 (0 if you consider partial succesfull job as failure)

hope this helps.