cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup migration from Data Domain to AWS

anash7
Level 4

Hello,

I have a netbackup master configured at version 7.6 with Data Domain as storage unit. I would be configuring a cloud storage server as my new storage unit (AWS) and want to migrate my existing backups from Data Domain to cloud.

One way of doing it would be duplicating the backups from existing storage unit to the new cloud storage unit and making the duplicated copy as primary copy. But since I have a lot many images/clients, this is very time consuming.

Could anyone please suggest any alternative to migrate my existing backups from DD to Cloud - any other method within netbackup or in DD or using any cloud devices or gateways ?

Regards,

Avi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no other way. 

Duplicate is your only option.

The time factor to migrate should always be considered when a decision is made to replace backup storage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no other way. 

Duplicate is your only option.

The time factor to migrate should always be considered when a decision is made to replace backup storage.

anash7
Level 4

Thanks Marianne, I thought so too. I wanted to check if we can use Cloud gateway solutions to move backups from DD to Cloud but seems cloud gateway is only for migrating data not backups.

EnriquePereira
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Have you tried to configure a vault job? You need to create a tape storage unit in order to configure vault, but you do not need to use tape as a destination in your vault profile.Yo can configure a duplication from DD to AWS, make the new copy primary and even expire the DD copy after duplication.