cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Media servers, Master server.

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

We have two media servers in our environment. can we take a backup of those two media servers using BMR option.

Those two media servers are physical with windows server 2012 R2 operating system.

My master server is 2012 R2 operating system with netbackup version 7.7.\

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As long as you perform BMR backup of each media server using the other media server, this option should be fine.

IMHO, there is no real need for this.

All config is stored on the master.

In case of media server failure, simply install OS, then NBU and run Device Config Wizard.

Please perform tests with BMR and method suggested here to find the best solution for your environment.

Master server cannot be protected with BMR.

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

what are the things to be needed for rebuilding the complete windows I mean to say what are the backup selections we need to select for that.

Marianne
Level 6

As per NBU for BMR Admin Guide:

ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

Or else OS drives (e.g. C:\) and Shadow Copy Components.

Please use Handy NBU Links in my signature to download BMR manual, Troubleshooting Guide, Admin Guides, etc....

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

IF we are taking backup of OS drives and Shadow Copy Components with BMR enabled.

Is there any need to take a seperate file level backup of that particular client.

Does we able to recover individual fiels using the same policy??

Marianne
Level 6
Which client? This is about media servers, right? Please see my previous posts. Download the BMR manual, start reading, then test backup and restore.

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

IT is a windows server 2012 R2 client and it is not a media server.

Marianne
Level 6
Have another look at your subject and your opening post. Client backup is not related to this discussion. Client BMR backups are covered in detail in the BMR manual.