cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup on Disk and duplicate on tape

Kunalgoel
Level 4

Hi Team,

I have taken backup on disk with one week retention and manually duplicate that backup on tape with same 1 week retention.

After that i have manually expired primary copy from disk but secondary copy also expired from tapeas both have same backup id .

is there a way to only expired primary copy and retain secondary copy for future?

Further, if i used SLP for duplication then in that case it will create same backup id for both primary and secondary copy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

see bpexpdate command. It has -copy parameter which can be used with <backupid> keyword.

Yes with SLP you will get the same backupid for all copies. And you can also use -copy parameter with these copies.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

see bpexpdate command. It has -copy parameter which can be used with <backupid> keyword.

Yes with SLP you will get the same backupid for all copies. And you can also use -copy parameter with these copies.

Regards

Michal

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@Kunalgoel a word of caution... lest you learn the hardest of the hard ways... here it is : be careful with the copy ID number.  The copy ID number is an arbritary concept/number.  The use of any particuar/given copy number does not necessarily imply actual copy storage location.  So, ... always - and I do mean *always* - check the bpimagelist and make sure you know which copy is on which storage unit before you expire anything.  HTH.