cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup report

imnkk456
Level 3

Hello,

I am having difficulty generating the daily backup size/ duration report from Opcenter. The problem is, as since any backup activity comprising of so many jobs specially in the case of RMAN/ SQL and if we apply the filter to choose parent job only then it will not show the size/ duration as its not associated with parent job. Many other issues as well like if applying the filter by schedule name then many FS backup starts with no schedule name as just   -   in schedule column.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maybe try Client Backup report in NBU Admin Console -> Reports?

imnkk456
Level 3

I will try that in NBU console...

My question is, for any backup there are many jobs and how to generate a consolidated report out of these ...let say an RMAN backup ran and completed with "daily-full" schedule and this backup activity had one parent job with id 123 and 20 children jobs. Each job has different values of KBytes, KBytes/S and Duration. Now, for management it is one backup activity and they need a report how much time taken for this particulat client to complete the daily-full backup and this is true for all the systems. How to generate such type of reports in opcenter.

Please help.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If you are using OpsCenter Analytics (I don't think this is in the free version of OpsCenter), you can create a custom tabular report that will add the streams together for you into a single total.  You can add filters to include only full backup schedules. 

imnkk456
Level 3

We are using the OpsCenter Analytics. How it can add the streams. Using filters we can select only the parent job to display and this can show the start/ end time and the duration but it will not give the KBs and KB/s as these values are not associated with parent job.

imnkk456
Level 3

We are using the OpsCenter Analytics. How it can add the streams. Using filters we can select only the parent job to display and this can show the start/ end time and the duration but it will not give the KBs and KB/s as these values are not associated with parent job.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this until Marianne pointed out you still needed help.

Reports --> Create New Report --> Create a Custom Report [Next]

Leave Category and Subcategory at defaults, change "Report View Type" to Tabular [Next]

Select your desired Time Frame, Under Filters, set Schedule to "Schedule Level/Type = Full" [Next]

Add the columns you want to display, such as

Column Alias/Sort Order/Operation

Client Attribute:Client Name/Ascending/None

Backup Policy Attributes:Policy Name/None/None

Backup Job Attributes:Job Duration/None/Total

Backup Job Attributes:Job Protected Size/None/Total

Backup Job Attributes:Job Size/None/Total

[Next]

The key here is to be sure to set the Operation to Total for all of the numeric and time fields.  If you choose to add the "Backup Job Attributes:Job Start Time", you will also see what date the full backup ran.