cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup start after some local job on server are finished

Telematik
Level 1

Hi all,

I searched the forum but did not find any answer.

We have on a window Server some jobs running (db backup and export) and I have to make sure the NetBackup job runs after the DB Jobs are executed. is there a way to check and wait of a specific eventid in eventlog or wait till a file is created (dummy file) to start and begin the backup?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Chris

4 REPLIES 4

Jaykullar
Level 5

Hi, the obvious being scheduling software which will have dependencies for jobs.

If your using a script to do your db backup & export you could at into this script to call bpstart_notify which will call your backup to start. You can modify this to be specific, please see tech note below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76425

Jaykullar
Level 5

Hi, you can get your script to call bpstart_nofity (NBU script) once your db backup and export is complete.

To run the scripts for a specific schedule, rename the files to:
Install_path\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpstart_notify.policyname.schedulename.bat
Install_path\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpend_notify.policyname.schedulename.bat

EnriquePereira
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can also start the backup manually with bpbackup -i -p <policy> in your script that exports the db. This command does the same as start a manual backup from the console.

The other common method is to run the dbexport from the bpstart_notify.policyname, but you would need to change the bpstart timeout and client timeout at the media server properties.

jim_dalton
Level 6

As detailed above...one issue with running the data prep phase in the pre script is timeouts and waiting for data. Typically a pre script is best suited for circumstances such as quiescing a DB, not so much doing a full db export to disk, though it could be of course.

Jim