cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to backup exec with netbacup 6.5 client installed on machine

mrtba
Level 4
I have a few machines that have sensitive data that the govermnet will come and destroy when the project is done.  Those machines also have other data on them.  My problem is how do I get the new agent for netbackup on those machines and still backup to our old backup exec server?  I need to backup directly to tape as well.  The data cannot reside anywhere but on those few servers and on tape.  Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified
I think that having two clients - BE and NBU should not be a problem - these two are using different TCP/IP ports. The only issue I can see would be a performance degradation once these two agents would be backing up this client simultaniously  - each to its own backup Server (RAWS to BE server and NBU agent to NBU media/master server).

mrtba
Level 4
I was told by Symantec that I coudln't have those two agents on the machine (by sales).  I will see what else I can find on that.

Liji_Kuruvilla
Level 2
Employee Accredited Certified
Avoid the installation of VSP with both NBU Client and BE Remote Agent (Use the Custom Agent installation method)

mrtba
Level 4
I have installed both agents on the machine and tested successfully.  Wookie, I didn't see  your post until after I installed the agent.  Is there any reason why I should turn off VSP and use VSS?

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hi 

For any windows OS post Windows 2003 , it's recommended to use VSS as it's from Microsoft and more tightly integrated with the Operating Systems .   Even though you can use VSP as well .