cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing due a 196 error.

famari
Level 2

Hi Folks

We are facing a backup issue, due an error 196, where more than 800 VM´s are getting failed. The issue started a 10 days ago. I know the 196 error is missing backup window, but this is happening only with VM´s backups. I know that 196 error is related with backup window, but it seems to be very generic.

Following our NBU info.

NBU 8.0 

Applicance 5330

VM policy has more than 1400 clients inside, it was running properly, but suddently started to fail. We´ve tried brake down the policy into another policy with the clients that took more time to get done, and isn´t work, also tried to unmark the accelerator  option, which help a little bit. 

Please if someone have faced with the same issue, any assistance will be very appreciated. Also, if some further information is needed, let me know.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Look for infrastructure performance issues, if status 196 appear out of the blue.

Some hints:

Go and ask the admin of the hypervisor if changes was applied 10 days ago. E.g did they disable VMware change block tracking ?

Check network connectivity - maybe a switch/router interface is loosing packages.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Look for infrastructure performance issues, if status 196 appear out of the blue.

Some hints:

Go and ask the admin of the hypervisor if changes was applied 10 days ago. E.g did they disable VMware change block tracking ?

Check network connectivity - maybe a switch/router interface is loosing packages.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@famari 

Status 196 means that jobs were queued, but could not go active for some reason. Normally some or other resource that is unavailable.
Check Job Details for initial queue reason, then you can check what the issue is with the relevant resource.

Thanks a lot Nicolai, for your assistance. 

You were right, Veritas support found a issue on our appliance, and they will replace some parts.

Again thank you.