cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing with status 4329 or status 23 and status 6 and 11

Kai2209
Level 4

Hi all,

i have a virtual master server running NB 8.12 and NB appliance 5240 3.12. My backups were runing fine since a few days. I have a lot of failed VMWare backups with different status codes which makes it not easy to find out what the problem is.

Some backups are failing with error 4239

Nov 1, 2019 9:38:40 AM - snapshot backup of client FRAPEDPS8 using method VMware_v2
Nov 1, 2019 9:38:40 AM - Warning bpbrm (pid=33998) from client FRAPEDPS8: WRN - find_virtual_server_vm: Unable to Login to server: fravcsa01.xxx.com, continuing search for virtual machine on other servers

As far as i undeerstood this means the password of the vCenter is wrong. I am wondering a lot of other backups on the same environment are running fine !?? So if the password is wrong all of them should fail...

On the other hand i have a lot of failed backups with status code 6 and 23. Following article 100034022 i´ve delete the /tmp/vmware-root files on the appliance but without success :(  

And since yesterday i have some status code 11 in addition to this. I am really lost now, maybe somebody can help...

thanks Kai

6 REPLIES 6

Krutons
   VIP   

How long have these errors been going on? Have you verified that the servers that are throwing errors now backed up successfully before? Is it an entire policy that is failing or just several VM's from a policy?

We will need more logging information from you in order to give any type of advice. 

Hi Krutons,

since 3 days now. Just some of a policy are failing. Strange is, when i try to do manual backup it works, not always but sometimes. One of the errors 4239 shows in bprm log of the media server...

<2> get_bpfis_msg: bpfis buff: INF - vmwareLogger: LoginAPI: SYM_VMC_ERROR:  SOAP_ERROR
<4> get_bpfis_msg: from client VMM-FRA-GOT-BA: INF - vmwareLogger: LoginAPI: SYM_VMC_ERROR:  SOAP_ERROR
<2> get_bpfis_msg: bpfis buff: INF - vmwareLogger: SOAP 1.1 fault "":ServerFaultCode [no subcode]
<4> get_bpfis_msg: from client VMM-FRA-GOT-BA: INF - vmwareLogger: SOAP 1.1 fault "":ServerFaultCode [no subcode]
<2> get_bpfis_msg: bpfis buff: "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password."
<2> get_bpfis_msg: bpfis buff: Detail: <InvalidLoginFault xmlns="urn:vim25" xsi:type="InvalidLogin"></InvalidLoginFault>

This tells me the login is not correct but one hour later it works or on a lot of other devices also. User and pw has not been changed. 

Kai

Can you please check VM team for belwo queries :

1) Whether these VM is/are migrated to another ESXI host ? & Do have the visibilty at NetBackup End ?

2) Make sure all Vcenter's Credentials are added in Netbackup. 

3) Also check the connectivity for port 443 and 902.

Hi Sagar_Kolhe

thanks for your reply and sorry for late response.

-VM are not migrated to anouther ESXI host and i can browse and add all of them to policy

-Credentials are correct. Strange is the backups are failing with error 6,11,12, 4239. After some retries it can be successful, but not always.

-Port connectivity is fine.

Kai

If  VM migration is not done in recent times then it might looks like a Network issue. We might need to check if any network drop is happening during the time of the failures.

If a policy is on schedule and starts it looks like the picture below. The policy has about 50 hosts. Some host now are failing with error 6. After one hour i pick a random failed host do the backup manually and it works...

policy1.png