cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups getting refired even after success

Crank
Level 3

Hi All,

I have a windows client configured for ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES backup. The backup is scheduled to fire once in a day. The window for the backup is from 20:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs. The backup gets fired by 20:00 hrs and is partially successfull. Even after success it gets fired again and fails with 196 error(Backup was not attempted as the backup window is closed) We are facing the problem only with one client and rest all are running fine.The drives will be free but the backup gets fired for thrice everyday.

The master server(Windows 2003) is running on netbackup 6.5.2A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Crank
Level 3

Hi All,

The problem is solved after removing the System_State:\ from backup file list selection. Previously it had ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES  and System_State:\ too with allow multiple data streams option checked. There is no need to include System_State:\ in the file list as ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES take the backup of system state too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified

Hi,

check this Tech alert.. i feel your problem is related to this....

http://support.veritas.com/docs/311581

Tech Alert: A potential for missed backups without notification has been discovered in NetBackup Server/Enterprise Server when calendar based schedules have a configured window spanning midnight and go Active after midnight.

let me know in case of further clarifications

bumj1
Level 5
I ran into this exact issue with a NDMP client the other day.  My backup succeeded with status 0 Successful.  After that the backup kept retrying and receiving status 196 messages.  I deactivated and re-activated the policy and the retries stopped.

Crank
Level 3

Hi ,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately  deactivating and reactivating the policy didnt solve my problem. I even created a new policy changing the schedule but the same problem persisted.

Crank
Level 3

Hi All,

The problem is solved after removing the System_State:\ from backup file list selection. Previously it had ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES  and System_State:\ too with allow multiple data streams option checked. There is no need to include System_State:\ in the file list as ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES take the backup of system state too.