cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode rules for range of tapes

bfcsaus123
Level 3

Hi,

I have 1000 new tapes to import into the silo (Netbackup 6.5.6) to go into a specific Volume Pool, putting them into the i/o slot and manually moving them to the new Volume Pool would take a while so am thinking of specifying barcode rules which would move the tapes to the new pools the first time they are used.

There is already a global rule stating 'A' tapes (A12345, A23456, A34567 etc)  to go into the scratch pool but I want to add a batch of new tapes with barcodes A80000-A90000 which I want to go directly into the new pool when in the robot but not sure how to do this or even if its possible. Im not even sure if this will override the 1st barcode rule which states all 'A' tapes to go into the scratch pool and unfortunately due to standards I cant change the barcode to say CC or BB to distinguish the new tapes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just set two new rules that say A8 go to your new pool and A9 go to your new pool

That will do it for you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Just set two new rules that say A8 go to your new pool and A9 go to your new pool

That will do it for you

bfcsaus123
Level 3

Thanks Mark, so my Barcode Rules would be as follows:

Barcode Tag             Media Type          Volume Pool         Max Mounts       Description

A                             hcart3                 ScratchPool          0                       scratch                                

A8                           hcart3                 NewVolPool           0                       new Volume Pool

A9                           hcart3                 NewVolPool           0                       new Volume Pool

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Yep - that should be fine

If for any reason the A over rides the A8 / A9 then you could change it to A0 and add A1, A2 etc for the old tapes

Test it with a few tapes first

bfcsaus123
Level 3

Thanks again Mark i'll try it with a few tapes first as suggested....