cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare Metal Restore Problem

adr14n
Level 2
Dear all,

As I have posted before, I have a BMR Point in Time problem and to make it simpler, I post it again with a simpler question.

Suppose I have 3 FULL BMR backups:
 - FULL BMR Backup A
 - FULL BMR Backup B
 - FULL BMR Backup C
Then, I want to BMR restore to "B", does the BMR restore always check/go back to "A" first or also check/go forward to "C" as well?
(Consider that "B" itself is a FULL BMR backup).

My problem is, when I prepare to restore using "B", the BMR restore always check/go back to "A" first and then "B".
So, I still have some files/directories of "A" which I don't want to be restored while using "B".
Could somebody please explain this to me?

Thank you in advance.

--
  Adrian Soetanto
  PT. Bentoel Prima - Infrastructure Staff 
  Jl. Raya Karanglo - Singosari, Malang 
  Tel. (+62-341) 298 774 

3 REPLIES 3

Insplre85
Level 4
Have you choose the PIT  configuration wit the latest date that you need to be restore ? each data should represent your backup details such as A,B,C

adr14n
Level 2
Yes I had chosen the PIT configuration with the specific date that I want to use for the restore (Full BMR Backup "B").
Some filesystems (/usropenv & /sapmnt) had been unexpectedly restored using "A" configuration and the rests were as expected (restored using configuration B).
This is so weird.

adr14n
Level 2
Yes I had chosen the PIT configuration with the specific date that I want to use for the restore (Full BMR Backup "B").
Some filesystems (/usropenv & /sapmnt) had been unexpectedly restored using "A" configuration and the rests were as expected (restored using configuration B).
This is so weird.