cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare metal Restore Cleint disappeared

kimihira
Level 4

I have been setting up Bare Metal to restore a Linux system (Redhat) and I'm having serious problems.   I went to perform the restore and it was working, but a had to cancel the job to deal with another issue.   I went to resubmit the job the next day only to find that the client configuration in the Bare Metal Restore Clients has completly disappeared.   I can go into the catalog and still see the backups and I can restore the data, but there is no bare metal configuration - it's gone.

Media servers are Redhat Linux and the Master Server is windows 2008

Please help!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

From your clients backup, restore /usr/openv/netbackup/baremetal/client/data/bundle.dat file on your master server some directory.

Open command prompt and go to master server netbackup/bin directory. Fire below command with appropriate params,

bmrs -o import -resource config -path <path to your clients bundle.dat retrieved> -client <cl_name>

On successful import, you will start seeing your client name under bmr hosts menu again.

Thanks.

Mandar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

From your clients backup, restore /usr/openv/netbackup/baremetal/client/data/bundle.dat file on your master server some directory.

Open command prompt and go to master server netbackup/bin directory. Fire below command with appropriate params,

bmrs -o import -resource config -path <path to your clients bundle.dat retrieved> -client <cl_name>

On successful import, you will start seeing your client name under bmr hosts menu again.

Thanks.

Mandar

kimihira
Level 4
Mandar, Many thanks it worked. David