Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlecard NBU against Simpana

AlexNtowGH
Level 4
Partner

Hi there,

can someone kindly point me to competive information to position NBU againt Simpana?

Simpana use to compete with Backup Exec, but this has changed, there are attacking large enterprise accounts, which is why a battlecard is needed.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No vendor will publish such documentation publicly.

Try PartnerNet.

If you cannot find it there, contact the Veritas SE in your country.

A "Battlcard" will always be dependent on what you are looking for. Would guess most Enterprise Backup system is more or less equivalent. I would look at the features I needed/wanted and which system checked most boxes.

Do remember that changing from one backup system to another is a pretty complex and time comsuming exercise

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne,

thanks for you input.

I didn't find any competitive on Partnernet. 

I will also be interesting what you personally find our competitive advantages are.

Thanks

Michael,

the customer is currently neither using NBU or Simpana, they are evaluating a purchase. They have a number of VM and Physical systems and are looking multiple core banking application backup.

So any points that have been useful in the past to position NBU against Simpana will be of value. I will sort out the applicable points and present them.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Look for NetBackup 7.7 Cheat Sheet on PartnerNet - there are a couple of lines towards the bottom of page 1.

An independent comparison is always good - apply for the latest Gartner report over here:
https://www.veritas.com/content/vforms/en/us/gartner-mq-data-center-backup.html?inid=us_veritas_gart...

The strengths and weaknesses of each of the major products are listed in this report.