cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice to perfrom the Windows full system recovery from Client server or from Master server

PrathapReddy
Level 4
Certified

Hi Guys,

We used to push the Windows system state and drives from the master server. I would like to know what is the best practice to push the Windows full server restore including system state from the client server or from the master server GUI.

If we can push the restore from Client server, the OS team or end user can be able to perform the restore after installing the same NBU client agent on the crashed Windows machine. The dependency for restore being initiated from the master will come down. Can any one clarify on it please.

Regards,

Prathap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

in the KB mentioned above, there is a note:

"For this procedure to work, the restore must not be initiated from the Client."

However this is for a non-BMR process. I recommend you to test and train your admins with BMR, which is by design client initiated and mostly no backup admin actions are required.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Herewith procedure for full system restore without BMR:
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH56473

Thanks Marianne for the update.

I went through the link but I could not find the answer from which server need to start the System state restore. From Master or from Client server? I have the requirement that my restores should be started from the NetBackup client than Master for the system state, will that possible?

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

in the KB mentioned above, there is a note:

"For this procedure to work, the restore must not be initiated from the Client."

However this is for a non-BMR process. I recommend you to test and train your admins with BMR, which is by design client initiated and mostly no backup admin actions are required.

Regards

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Don't expect this kind of restore to work if source and destination hardware is too diffrent. E.g  for sure you will get a blue screen if raid controllers are diffrent.