Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for WAN backup

puneet102
Level 4

Hi,

we are running backup of Branch locations. Network architecture is as below:

Capture.PNG

backup is running at off work time (In Night) but most of the time it is not completing within night hours which is causing the network utilization issue and affecting the production.

For now there are two policies. One is for local backup another job is running for media server 2. I want to take backup on local media server and then replicate or duplicate it to mumbai data center so that it will minimize the utilization issue on server. I want that duplication or replication should be run only between certain time (off work time) So user will not face network slowness issue.

Please suggest the best practices for my case.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can restrict duplications to happen at certain time by using SLPs and respective SLP Windows. This, however will help only if you have enough bandwidth between sites for the duplications to complete within the defined window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BVshet
Level 5

You can try using Storage Life cycle policies

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can restrict duplications to happen at certain time by using SLPs and respective SLP Windows. This, however will help only if you have enough bandwidth between sites for the duplications to complete within the defined window.