cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Email Notifications

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
Another post-NBU 6 upgrade issue:

All my backup jobs are sending emails, and I do not want them to. None of the clients have an Administrator e-mail address defined. The Master Server does not have an Administrator e-mail address defined under Global Attributes (though it does under Universal Settings). All the clients are set to "Client sends email".

Right now, with the above configuration, all backup jobs generate a bad email to "NetBackup@emptyroot.biz", which is an invalid address. It appears that NetBackup is trying to send an email using nbmail.cmd, but with a null entry for the destination address. Its interpreting the "NetBackup" as the destination address, tacking on the default domain (emptyroot.biz). (This is a guess.)

Is this a bug? I'd think that if I leave the Administrator e-mail address under Global Attributes on the master server blank, it won't try to send an email.
4 REPLIES 4

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
Support got back to me faster than I thought. Turns out this is a known issue and should be fixed with MP2 (which should be available on Thursday).

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thanks for the followup and the availability date.

Chuck_Stevens
Level 6
Another follow-up: MP2 did not fix the problem. Back to Support...

I swear, I've opened so many support tickets over the past couple of weeks, I'm sure Veritas is going to send the Goon Squad after me...

AKopel
Level 6
We are there too my friend... probably 10 tickets since we have gone to 6.0.