cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI: Exchange Granular Restore Syntax for Command Line

spitman
Level 5
  • I'm using NBU 8 appliances.
  • I'm using Exchange GRT, granular backups.
  • I can granularly restore email items from the GUI, so I know it works.
  • I want to restore in-place, but not replace existing emails.
  • I can use both a start date and end date; but if possible all I need is an end date, because I need to restore email items before an "event."
  • I don't need a separate log file.
  • I'd like to spit out the jobid.
  • I was attempting to do this with "-t 16" for exchange items.
  • The source and destination client are the same. (It's a DAG name; and it's what we used in the GUI restores that worked.)
  • I have tried it with and without the quotes around the file list item name.
  • I have also tried it with a -f and external file.
  • We will be restoring everything from the top of a mailbox's information store; but for now we are just restoring to the inbox level for testing.

I know that command-line restores are very touchy, and I read this thread.

Here is the jest of what I was trying. Please help me to get the format/syntax right. I have been getting 2810, 227, etc errors trying to get this right. Thanks in advance for your help!

bprestore -B -K -C g05dag-fnc01 -t 16 -e 09/30/2017 12:00:00 "Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\g05dag-fnc01\Microsoft Information Store\g05mdb-fnce03d04\Database\ex2010test4 [ex2010test4]\Top of Information Store\Inbox\*"

1 REPLY 1

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

Include the -granular_restore option.

You should specify the start date, too. The CLI guide doesn't say what the default start date is. Specifying dates makes NetBackup more efficient.

If you still have problems, go into regular troubleshooting. If nbgre.exe doesn't get kicked off on a client, I would start with job details, and the bprd and bpdbm logs. If nbgre.exe does run, look at its log in the ncfgre folder.