cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI: list old clients backed up by this master

spitman
Level 5

One of my predecessors decided to change the name of a client... and I'm looking for old backups of that host. I'm thinking it's something like "bpplclients," but that only seems to list currently-backed-up hosts. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have access to OpsCenter? If you do, I'd try going to Settings -> Configuration -> Host Alias. Type the current name of the client and show alias. That might do the trick for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bpimagelist will show all images in the catalog.

spitman
Level 5

ok, so now I'm down to something like this... but there still has to be a prettier way to do this...?

bpimagelist -d 01/01/1999 -e 06/20/2017 -l |grep por | awk '{print $2}' | sort -u

Do you have access to OpsCenter? If you do, I'd try going to Settings -> Configuration -> Host Alias. Type the current name of the client and show alias. That might do the trick for you.

No--but what this did easily get for me, was when I clicked on the dropdown, I got the list of hosts I was looking for, fast and easy.  Thanks for the tip.

Settings -> Configuration -> Host Alias, then clicked on the dropdown.  Smiley Wink

Glad I could point you in the right direction :)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I would do it with :

bpimagelist  -idonly  -d 01/01/2000 | awk '{ print $10 }' | cut -d "_" -f1 | sort | uniq

This will provide a list of all know hosts. If looking for old clients only use the -e to specify a end date.

bpimagelist  -idonly  -d 01/01/2000 -e 01/01/2002  | awk '{ print $10 }' | cut -d "_" -f1 | sort | uniq

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
For future reference - simply list the folders under .../netbackup/db/images.