cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the location of the TIR files on a Windows client?

We have a Windows server, with limited space available on the C drive, and several other rather large drives.

I've noticed that later in the week (after several incremental backups), I get Error Code 13's since NB cannot write to the TIR file due to space on the C drive.

Is there a way to redirect NB to create these files on another folder, in another drive? If this was a UNIX server, I could create a symbolic link to another filesystem; not sure if Windows has that capability.

Operating environment is NB 6.5.6, Linux media servers, backing up Linux and Windows clients.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

I think you need to re-install the client

I dont believe the path is changable i'm afraid.

It may be easier to just re-install the client to the largest drive (uninstall and then re-install)

Before doing so make a note of all of your settings for the client - it is handy to export the regsirty key at:

HKLM\Software\Veritas\Netbackup\CurrentVersion\Config

as this holds all of the exclude lists etc.

Otherwise connect to its client host properties and make a note of all of its settings so that they can be reproduced after it has been reinstalled

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Accepted Solution!

I think you need to re-install the client

I dont believe the path is changable i'm afraid.

It may be easier to just re-install the client to the largest drive (uninstall and then re-install)

Before doing so make a note of all of your settings for the client - it is handy to export the regsirty key at:

HKLM\Software\Veritas\Netbackup\CurrentVersion\Config

as this holds all of the exclude lists etc.

Otherwise connect to its client host properties and make a note of all of its settings so that they can be reproduced after it has been reinstalled

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply, and the

Thanks for the reply, and the registry tip. I'm not a windows guy so I would have just redone the config.

I don't recall, however, getting prompted for an installation location.

prompt

If you used the silent installer, then its set in whatever path. Otherwise, most people miss this because you can either choose a typical installation or a custom installation. Custom is the only way to change the installation location.

One More thing

Always do a Custom Installation when possible so that the tracker is not set to run - otherwise this sits in the task bar giving an overhead to the running job.

The unattended cmd file does have SET STARTTRACKER=0 so that it doesnt run but if you do a typical installation manually it does set it to run.

Thanks

I re-installed using the custom install.